Linux Device Driver - Interview Questions
LDD - Debugging
Linux Debugging Interview Questions
- Debugging techniques. ?
- What is Oops and kernel panic?
- Does all Oops result in kernel panic?
- What are the tools that you have used for debugging the Linux kernel?
- What are the log levels in printk?
- Can printk's be used in interrupt context?
- How to print a stack trace from a particular function?
- What's the use of early_printk( )?
- Explan about the various gdb commands.
- How to debug crash. Gdb
- How debug prints/system trace could help solve above issues
- How to debug while system is running
- Have you worked in crash dump? How will you solve memory crash, what steps would you take if a crash occurs?
- how to debug your driver if u had any buffer issues
- Kernel crash dump analysis
- Have analyzed kernel panic code dump(what all data it dumps and what do you understand from it)
- How to debug crash, what is the first line you see when you see a crash/oops message, explain crash console
- How do u debug when an process aborted.
- have u debug any issues using jtag/ any other debugger. if yes, how can we get the call stack in the debugger.