Linux Device Driver - Interview Questions
LDD - Process Scheduler
Linux Process Scheduler Interview Questions
- How does scheduler picks particular task?
- When does scheduler picks a task?
- How is timeout managed?
- How does load balancing happens?
- Explain about any scheduler class?
- Explain about wait queues and how they implemented?
Where and how are they used?
- What is process kernel stack and process user stack?
What is the size of each and how are they allocated?
- Why do we need seperate kernel stack for each process?
- What all happens during context switch?
- What is thread_info? Why is it stored at the end of kernel stack?
- What is the use of preempt_count variable?
- What is the difference between interruptible and uninterruptible task states?
- How processes and threads are created? (from user level till kernel level)
- How is virtual run time (vruntime) calculated?
- Different types of schedulers (round robin, pre-emptive)
- what is scheduler algoritham?
- what is scheduler?
- Can a scheduler can be locked?
- who schedules the scheduler?
- At what frequency scheduler looks for threads/processes ready for schedule?